Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Caught

 
We hear that word ("caught") and we think...
or

 
or
Caught.
 
A few weeks ago, I was listening to a song with this line:
 
"A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace"
 
that word caught me. It turned in my mind until the beautiful opposites of two of the word's connotations stood against each other:
 
(1) all of the above pictures...
 
Trapped.
Ensnared.
Apprehended.
 
And then the one at home in the above lyrics...
 
Embraced
Safe
Refuge
Binding Up
Healed
Enveloped
Broken Fall
Covered
Tended
Loved
 
Sometimes, when we are caught in something, we may feel like we're in the middle of one of the first three pictures. As His grace weaves itself around us, binding us up, we realize... we've been embraced. Our fall has been broken. We're safe. Taking refuge. Forgiven. Being tended, ministered to, loved.
 
"For He is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care."
Psalm 95:7
 
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...