Thursday, February 24, 2011

Detours

At the beginning of the month, I sat down to plan a list of "Lessons from the Road" post ideas. Looking at that list now, I see 12 ideas. I only posted 2 of them. The rest of this month's actual posts were, I suppose, things the Lord wanted to remind me of or teach me, things I needed to hear much more than my meagerly listed ideas.

Here's to detours, and here's to this:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8
Can you look back and think of times you ended up somewhere completely unplanned for, and yet completely ordained by a God who knows much better than we do? I'm not talking about simple blog posts here.

I posted a song about this yesterday-- a song that probably describes at least one experience, past or present, in each of our lives. I love the praise it gives the Lord for His Better Plan-- the plan so much more amazing than our feeble strategizing, goal-setting, and/or calculating.

Rejoicing today over His Better Plan... thankful for His ways and His thoughts.


picture

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...